Sunday, November 8, 2009

Results




The MRI showed what they would expect of a preemie with a Grade II I.V.H.. There is P.V.L. (withering of the white matter), but nothing to be overly concerned about. The Swallow study showed that he does still have some silent aspiration when drinking thin liquids, but not when thickened with nectar. NO MORE REFLUX!!! We also seen a Physical Medicine doctor and she had nothing but wonderful things to say about my lil champ. She doesnt want to use oral meds for his tone and she said he doesnt need Botox injections either. She said just keep wearing the braces and doing the therapy and he is going to do just fine. She couldnt believe how strong he is in his arms and legs and how he is talking in sentences. I think after a long couple of months and some dreaded doctor visits, I am just going to enjoy my son and the Holidays. I discovered Halloween night that Dalton loves hay rides..lol....look as his face.

1 comments:

John and Kelly said...

Thanks for your encouragement! I know what you mean - it feels like a small group of us that live in this world. I pray for your heart and your son all the time. I am encouraged on the news of his MRI. Thanks girl!