Sunday, September 7, 2008

Moving Along

Dalton is doing great. He recovered from his surgery and he is slowly but surely going back up on his feeds. Hopefuly soon he will be off of IV fluids and we can move to the 8th floor. He still drops his heart rate (brady) from time to time, but he should grow out of that soon. He has started nippling and is doing good. He has to be paced because he tries to drink too fast, but I have learned a few tricks from a level 2 nurse and they seem to be working. It is still so hard to believe that anything so strong came from me. I know that God has been so present in our lives, and he continues to reveal his plan to me everyday. After 31/2 months I am so tired, but I thank God everday that I am still here fighting. Things could have been alot different for us, and I could have went home alot sooner without my boy. Please continue to pray. Godbless!

2 comments:

John and Kelly said...

Hey Jolynn,

My name is Kelly, I am Kyle's mom. Thanks for your post. I am glad you contacted me and I am glad kyle's story gives you hope and joy. Dalton sounds like an amazing little boy. I would love to meet you and him - We are up at hermann often. email me and we can keep in touch. What a beautiful baby!

Kelly
kyle's mommy
kellysherrill@mac.com

John and Kelly said...

thinking about you and praying for you guys! I can't imagine riding out a hurricane in the NICU. Just one more amazing part of Dalton's miracle story! You guys be safe!

Kelly Sherrill
(kyle's mom)